For many of us working in the UK, our work environment is the most frequently visited place in our week. Whether we have a dedicated office or workspace, or spend our time hot-desking, the furniture we come into contact with therefore has a huge impact on our health.
Don’t believe us? Check out these shocking statistics, courtesy of Rosemary Quinn (MCSP, Reg. Meb. HPC, Mem. IEHF and ACPOHE), writing for our partners over at Lee & Plumpton.
- The estimated cost of sickness absence in the UK is £5 billion per year.
- 75% of the working population in the UK spend more than 6 hours per day in a chair
- The second largest cause of office absence in Europe is lower back pain.
- 40% of the UK population are affected by back pain
- 50 million working days are lost in the UK each year.
With these statistics in mind, why would you want to risk adding to those numbers? By choosing furniture, seating and accessories that help you achieve the correct posture, you can ensure a healthier, happier and more productive work environment.
Here at Office Needs, we’re pleased to have team members trained in Display Screen Ergonomics (DSE). If you’re not sure where to start with improving your workspace, why not get in touch and arrange a consultation with our team? We’d love to guide you in the right direction, and make sure you’re working well.